2020 Husqvarna Motorcycles TC 250
The TC 250 comfortably holds the top step in the 250 cc 2-stroke motocross class. Featuring the latest in 2-stroke motocross technology and delivering the highest level of performance and quality. Paired with modern bodywork, advanced ergonomics and premium parts standard, the TC 250 promises superior comfort and control in all riding conditions.
- Engine: The 250cc 2-stroke engine is the ultimate combination of unsurpassed power and lightweight construction. The simplicity and low maintenance cost of the 2-stroke motor makes it a favorite amongst motocross riders.
- Cylinder: The 66.4mm bore cylinder features an innovative power valve system which delivers smooth and controlled power throughout the RPM range. This can be further customized by simply changing two springs supplied and altering the power delivery for different track conditions or rider preference.
- Crankcase: The lightweight die-cast engine casings are developed to accommodate the shaft arrangements in the optimal position centralizing oscillating mass and improving ride-ability. Additionally the counter balancer shaft is integrated in a very compact manner without compromising the overall design.
- Counter Balancer Shaft: The TC 250 features an innovative laterally mounted counter balancer shaft. This shaft significantly reduces engine vibration, resulting in a smoother and more comfortable ride.
- Frame: Precision engineered for an exact balance of stiffness and torsional flex, the frame features advanced geometries aimed at delivering accurate rider feedback, handling response, energy absorption and straight-line stability. The frame is finished off in a premium blue powder coating and standard frame protectors for superior protection and durability.
- Carbon Fibre Subframe: The use of carbon fiber strips away weight, improving weight distribution and bringing weight closer to the center of gravity for precise handling. The composition of the material is 30% carbon fiber and the overall 3-piece construction is remarkably light but also very strong for an overall weight of 3.1 pounds. Additionally, a specific rigidity has been calculated in the component for optimal handling and rider ergonomics.
- Exhaust Header: The header pipe on the 2020 TC 250 is designed using innovative 3D modelling. The result is a perfect shape aimed at delivering the optimum performance characteristics while also being very compact ensuring sufficient clearance in tight rutted corners.
- Wheels And Tyres: Black high-strength alloy rims by D.I.D are coupled to CNC machined hubs using lightweight spokes and silver anodized aluminum nipples. Fitted are Dunlop MX-3S Motocross tyres that feature the proven "block-within-a-block" design for more progressive cornering and superior grip.
- WP Xact Front Suspension: The 48 mm split air fork features a capsulated air spring and pressurized oil chamber for progressive and consistent damping. The forks feature revised settings and are easily adjusted via the single air pressure pre-load valve, as well as through easy access clickers for compression and rebound. Additionally, the air pump needed to adjust the fork's air pressure is provided as standard.
- WP Xact Rear Suspension: With an updated settings, the WP XACT rear shock provides advanced damping characteristics for unsurpassed traction and energy absorbtion. A pressure balance inside the shock ensures consistent damping, resulting in superior rider comfort and feeling.
- Magura Hydraulic Clutch: The reliable, high quality and German-made, MAGURA clutch system is near maintenance-free. This guarantees even wear and perfect modulation in all conditions, with constantly compensated modulation and play on the lever, so the pressure point and clutch remains consistent in cold or hot conditions as well as over time.
- Components: The most progressive engineering techniques and technology complement a long list of quality componentry standard on the TC 250.
- Pro Taper Handlebar: Featuring fatigue resistance at a minimal weight, the standard PRO TAPER handlebars are manufactured to exacting standards to deliver exceptional rider comfort and control.
- Mikuni Carburrettor: The TC 250 features a 38 mm flat slide MIKUNI TMX carburettor, which delivers a smooth and controllable power with optimal performance over the entire RPM range.
- DDS Clutch: The TC 250 features a damped diaphragm steel clutch or DDS, using a diaphragm spring instead of the more common coil spring setup. This makes for lighter clutch action and allows for a damping system that increases both traction and durability.
- Displacement: 249 cm³
- Design: 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- Bore: 66.4 mm
- Stroke: 72 mm
- Starter: Kickstarter
- Transmission: 5-speed
- Clutch: Wet, DDS multi-disc clutch, Magura hydraulics
- EMS: Kokusan
- Frame design: Central double-cradle-type 25CrMo4 steel
- Front suspension: WP XACT-USD, Ø 48 mm
- Rear suspension: WP XACT Monoshock with linkage
- Suspension travel (front): 310 mm
- Suspension travel (rear): 300 mm
- Front brake disc diameter: 260 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4"
- Steering head angle: 63.9 °
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- 249 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 66.4 mm x 72 mm
- Fuel System
- Front Suspension
- WP XACT-USD, Ø 48 mm
- Rear Suspension
- WP XACT Monoshock with linkage
- Final Drive
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.